The gentle nature of the manipulation and its ability to stimulate the body’s own health resources make craniosacral osteopathy a very suitable treatment for children from the moment they are born.
The cranium of a newborn baby should be examined. Our examination and that of the paediatrician are complementary.
Various difficulties during birth may mean that delivery is not as natural and simple as we would like:
- The use of forceps or suction to extract the baby.
- Twisting of the umbilical cord around the baby’s neck.
- Presentation of the baby in an abnormal position (breech, shoulder, etc.).
- Caesarean section.
- When the epidural prevents the mother from controlling her contractions.
- Psychological problems of the mother, etc.
The examination and treatment of babies and young children will help prevent future development problems.
They are children who sometimes present asymmetries in the shape of their head and/or in the movement of their arms and legs, who are late in sucking to feed, cry excessively, are too sensitive to any stimuli, frequently regurgitate or vomit, are constipated and have wind, have breathing difficulties, who squint and have hearing problems, loss of appetite, stomach problems, stiff neck, scoliosis (curvature of the spine), slow or irregular development, insomnia, etc.
Sometimes the symptoms appear when the child starts school: attention deficit syndrome, hyperactivity, learning difficulties, dyslexia, etc.